Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday, April 26th: Day of Life 3


7:30 AM, still sleeping :)

Ian came into my room this morning with a little blue notecard. The card had all of Finnegan's birth information and his adorable footprints. I was speechless.

Finnegan Michael Bruckner's little feet!

We finalized Finn's middle name and got all his paperwork in order for his social security number and birth certificate. He's just about official! :) After I got my morning meds from my nurse, I went down with Ian to the NICU to spend some family time together. I got to change my little man's diaper and take his temperature. I was so excited when the nurse asked me, but then a little panic set in. He's so tiny! How do I move him without hurting him!? The nurse gave me some pointers, and I was surprised at how strong Finn really was. He as moving his legs around and pushing my hand away with his little hands. We were so proud of his soaked diaper! :) We waited a while for his care-team to come around for rounds.

Finger holding!

Finger holding!
Videos!



We decided to write a blog... just the thought of it pooped her out ;)

A view from the couch where I write. To the left you see the curtain I can pull shut. A little farther left is a built in wardrobe for us to store linens and clothing, then just behind the curtain is a sink and the door, then there's the CPAP machine that looks like a blue rectangle, the IV stand, Finnegan's Giraffe OmniBed (the cover raises up and it looks, I guess, like a giraffe. His monitor is next and you can see all his numbers looking good!

Ian


Rounds--
The doctor heard a light murmur which made them say their only possible concern right now is PDA. See http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pda/. The presence or absence of a murmur alone isn't enough to say he does or does not have PDA. It's something they're going to keep an eye out for. If it turns out he does have one, there's some medicines they'll try and if they don't work there is also a surgical procedure that can be done to correct it. Right now it's just something they'll keep an eye on. For that to have been their only concern, they said that's great, great news. Then the NEO knocked on wood. Finn hasn't pooped yet, so he's getting glycerin later in the day to help it along. He's breathing well and tomorrow they'll take him off of the forced breaths from CPAP. Right now he is on 10/min.


Here are some photos from tonight:














Probably my favorite picture of Daddy and Finn.





No comments:

Post a Comment