Friday, May 11, 2012

Thursday, May 10th: Daddy has surgery...again.

Finn's new goals!

Christine:
Ian went in for another surgery to heal the fistula that formed after he had the perirectal abcess last year that came back again this year. Here's to hoping this does the trick and he won't have to have any more of those! I stayed with Finnegan to make sure I was there for rounds, and Ian's mom came down to take care of Ian. I slept well in Finn's room. I woke up to pump a couple times, but otherwise slept through the night. At about 11, I decided I was still tired so I took a 2 hour nap. The nurse and doctor woke me up for rounds at about 1:15.

Little Dude snuggling with mommy's fingers.

Finnegan is 17 days old today! He only had 5 bradys yesterday, 2 were self correcting and the rest required gentle stimulation (yay!). Because of this, the doctor decided to wean him down on his breaths on the cpap by another 5 breaths per minute. That means, Finn is now on 10 breaths per minute. The doctor reitterated that Finnegan is only on the cpap because of his As and Bs, not for the oxygen, because his oxygen saturation has been quite stable. The spot on his nose seems to have almost gone away, but he will stay on his neosporin ointment for a couple more days to make sure it really is gone. Tomorrow he will have a chem8 blood test to check all his nutrient levels. He will continue to be on 16 ml of breastmilk that is fortified with caffine. Additionally, he gets Vitamin D in his milk once a day to help with his immune functions and bone growth. This doctor seemed to think the mysterious "hernia" on his right side is actually his testicles that haven't decended. Either way, time will tell what that mysterious little bump is in his diaper. ;) I got patted on the back for keeping up with pumping and Finnegan's growing food needs. I just keep thinking... my boobs will never be the same! But, it's all for a good cause and a gorgeous little boy! :)


He has such long toes!

Around dinner time, I came home to my mother-in-law and Ian cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Apparently this surgery went better than I anticipated, because Ian spent the afternoon after his surgery shopping and cooking! Then, he spent the rest of the evening straightening up the house! He definitely took me by surprise! Dinner was AMAZING and the company was even better. Here's to hoping that Ian feels as amazing in the morning! :)


It's hard to see, but this is Finnegan's art corner with
special drawings by his own cousin, Kaylin Strong! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment